Rs Media and friends

Well a couple of weeks ago I was at the DJ's outlet store and saw RS Medias on sale for $150 so I grabbed one.

I haven't looked into these or similar Robosapiens before. I did like the fact that it had a Linux OS proudly proclaimed on the box but didn't like the fact that when I got home, I found that they had failed to release meaningful source code.

I have also had issues getting the software to work on Windows 2K or Vista. I'll try XP when I get a chance.

A further annoying thing is that there was a proper SDK released at a Java trade show a while back but the SDK was not released to the public. There is talk that maybe they will release it. This is tantalisingly annoying - there is a CD out there that lets you play with the VGA camera, microphones, and bipedal motion but you can't buy / beg /borrow or steal it.


Grrrr.

Apart from that, it is pretty amazing - does chew through the batteries pretty quickly though.

Comments